Index-Card-a-Day Challenge...#2....Working Review of Koh-I-Noor Technical Ink, Platinum Carbon Ink, and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens



Desk shot from this morning's 'Doodle over Coffee".  Below is a working review of these inks and pens....





Second card, I'm still at it and working small still hasn't changed for me.  It's only my second card and I'm thinking that I'm waiting a miracle to happen. LoL  I am finding that I really like lettering and will stay with this concept for a bit.  I think that they could be fun cards or iPhone case covers. Time will tell. 

This card was created with Koh-I-Noor craft pens, Koh-I-Noor Technical ink, and Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens (damn, that's a mouth full).  Koh-I-Noor Technical ink won hands down for sketching and fine hash marks.  It's smoother, a quicker dry, and just as dark as Platinum Carbon Ink.  I like the way the container is designed for filling my pens but I have to tape it if I travel with the ink.  Again, my experience of a truly massive epic mess.  I wonder if sometimes I'm not the reason why we have so many warning labels on products. 

Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens are becoming a mainstay on both my desk and sketching kit. They are dye based, very blendable, and watersoluble.  I've got more testing on them before I would sell the original work but they are wonderful for sketching and illustrations that I only want the image of.  I'll do more testing and make my decision later...but so far, I'm very impressed. 

By the way, if you decide to use Platinum Carbon Ink...be careful what type of pen you use. If you let it dry in a fountain pen, you will be kissing that pen good bye....  Platinum Carbon Ink is Timex, after dry, it's even hard to get off your hands. I can tell you from experience...and if you make a mistake on paper, it's a done deal.  If you get it on carpet, it's staying black. No amount of scrubbing will remove it. It's pigment based, waterproof, lightfast, and will outlast me. That's why I use it for many different projects.  It will not smear, after fully dry, with watercolor or react with markers.  I don't know what this ink is made from but geez, it's dependable but it takes a while to dry.  So I typically use it more in the studio. 

Laters....I've got to go make stuff...
~Moon